Kwang-Seuk Jeong, Dong-Kyun Kim, Gea-Jae Joo
1. Title, Journal and Authors
- Title : Delayed influence of dam storage and discharge on the determination of seasonal proliferations of Microcystis aeruginosa and Stephanodiscus hantzschii in a regulated river system of the lower Nakdong River (South Korea)
- Journal : WATER RESEARCH
- Authors : Kwang-Seuk Jeong, Dong-Kyun Kim, Gea-Jae Joo
- It presents the relationship between the dam hydrology and phytoplankton proliferations in a regulated river.
- There are no correlation between hydrology variables and microcystis, but in cross correlation analysis there are significant relationship.
- There are time delayed effects of dam hydrology to microcystis, which are not correlated with the hydrology.
3. Application to research
- Not only correlation analysis, but also cross-correlation analysis can be used for checking the relationship beteween variables.
- there are lots of factors that affects to cyanobacteria proliferation. however, correlation analysis can't catch all the relationship because of time-delayed effect. cross-correlation can be used for this reason.
Sungho Shin (Ph.D. program)
Environmental Systems Engineering Lab.
School of Environmental Science & Engineering
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
1 Oryong-dong Buk-gu Gwangju, 500-712, Korea
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org