DAILY PAPER REVIEW

20210129_A Bayesian hierarchical approach to model seasonal algal variability along an upstream to downstream river gradient

1. Title, Journal and Authors

Title: A Bayesian hierarchical approach to model seasonal algal variability along an upstream to downstream river gradient

Journal: Water Resources Research

Authors: YoonKyung Cha, Seok Soon Park, Hye Won Lee, and Craig A. Stow

2. Summary

This paper is studied to identify the spatiotemporal gradients of Phytoplankton in the Nakdonggang River.

Modeling was carried out using the association of Chlorophyll-a with flow and total phosphorus concentration

As a result, the Nakdong River formed a seasonal pattern by dividing the upstream and downstream, and the management of Daegu area and non-point pollutants was the key to green algae management.

3. Originality and Creativity

Through this paper, I learned that chl-a concentration was low in relation to solar radiation and that the relationship with nutrients was high, which was different from previous general knowledge.

4. Application to research

If I add a SWAT model that is useful for non-point pollution management in Daegu area, which had the highest TP emission in this paper, it could be helpful for Algal blooms management.

I thought about using a model that combines SWAT(Soil and Water Assessment Tool) and BHM(Bayesian Hierarchical Models) in Daegu.

5. Contact

Ma, Kyoung Rim / M.S. program

Environmental Systems Engineering Lab.

School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering

Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology

1 Oryong-dong Buk-gu Gwangju, 500-712, Korea

Phone : 010-5058-6832

E-mail : dkvmfhelxp34@gm.gist.ac.kr

첨부 (0)